Monday, December 17, 2007

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas...


This is a picture of the fireplace in our 'Gathering Room' that I took last night. I won the original 19th century frames hanging on each side on eBay at a very good price, and, yes, they have Currier & Ives prints.


We had nearly 8 inches of snow fall where I live in Michigan and, although you may hear plenty of grumbling from many folks, you won't hear it from me. I like snow, especially this time of year. Now, come the end of January and into February I will be very tired of it!. But, at this festive time of year, I am enjoying the Christmas-y look it gives. I even a drove a very hazardous drive out to Holly to participate in the Dickens Festival, as did a good many of us who are part of the festival. Not surprisingly, there were very few patrons about and we called it off by mid-afternoon. However, a few of our Dickensian characters were able to go for an actual sleigh ride through the streets of town!
I am a man in the wrong time...

No comments: